Steve Stine is a former Wall Street Journal correspondent and 30-year Asia Veteran. He shares the story of how, because of an unexpected twist of fate, he ended up in Hong Kong flat broke, and had to hustle to build a new life for himself in Asia. We also discuss the rise of Asia vs the west and speculate where the current economic trends will lead us over the next few decades. And of course Steve tells us about the time a 16 ft python decided to permanently move into his bedroom.
We don’t mean to dwell on this, but :
- Sometimes even a tiny umbrella won’t save you
- Hitting rock-bottom gives you license to hustle
- Magic happens on the other side of a private-jet flight towards an undisclosed location
- Trees are good. Climate change is bad. Screw it, let’s plant a tree
- Oprah’s the future, you heard it here first!
Check out Steve’s amazing podcast “Inside Asia”, in which he hosts conversations with Asia’s movers, shakers, thinkers and provocateurs : http://www.insideasiapodcast.com