Francisco Marin, an award-winning photographer, tells us about his recent trip through Mexico, the colorful “Dia de Muertos” celebrations he attended there, and how he’s organizing a photography-tour to share his love for Mexican culture.
Also We don’t mean to dwell on this, but :
- Only gringos dress up as Coco
- While “Dia de Muertos” is big in Mexico, the USA still prefers “Taco Tuesday”
- Celebrating the dead only makes sense if they’re not in hell for all eternity (hi, grandma!)
- Remembering the dead is great, but free beer is greaterer!
- When traveling through Mexico, you better bring a Big Bad Hombre