We talk about how one gets used to living in a tropical paradise, wealth differences in South-East Asia, Singapore as an example of social welfare and guiltily enjoying our white privilege.
The “Dollar Street” website – mentioned on the show – allows you to see how people really live across different cultures and levels of wealth. This is really a great resource and playing around with the different visualizations is extremely informative.
Check it out here : https://www.gapminder.org/dollar-street/
Like the show? Please leave us a review (5 stars or GO HOME) – it would really help us out.
Also we don’t mean to dwell on this, but :
- Just throw on that ALL CAPS AND KEEP YELLING
- Baby Jesus had bad Feng Shui (不好)
- If you don’t look Aryan, you probably shouldn’t be a Neo-Nazi
- We really, really hate monkeys
- Bill has ALL the privilege