We sit down with culinary expert Mark Mottram to talk about “Offal eating”, or “Nose-to-Tail” eating, which is where you purposefully eat the bits and parts of the animal that most people would consider garbage and just throw out.
We also ate reheated duck-tongue and sucked the gelatinous fluids out of duck-feet – right here on the show. If that sounds delicious, there’s probably something wrong with you.
We don’t mean to dwell on this but :
- Just feed them alfalfa and tell them to fuck off
- Eye-balls are a bit tough
- The French sure like their maggots
- Gelatinous fluids are a delicacy
- It’s not often you get an 18″ organ sitting on your plate
Mark Mottram is the co-owner of the wonderful restaurant “Bakery & Bar” in the Telok Ayer neighbourhood of Singapore. He’s a terrific cook (his freshly baked bread is one of the best of Singapore), so go check it out : https://www.bakeryandbar.com/